Friday, July 27, 2012

Review: Yesterday's Tomorrow by Ceri Hebert


Yesterday's Tomorrow

by Ceri Hebert


Other than being speechless with a wide smile, I can only muster one word to start.....


            WOW!



This single sort story would absolutely rate at the top of my “read and loved” list. I first must clarify that I am personally very happy where I am in my own life but as a true diehard romance fan, stop and think for just a moment. Can you even imagine what kind of opportunity it would be to be in your 40's and get a “do-over”? In Lila's case, it was basically out of her control but a total godsend. Okay I admit, if I woke up one morning in my 23-year-old body, I might likely blow a gasket. However, it was the perfect opportunity for Lila to fix the mundane life she had ultimately settled for. Stability, success, companionship, but love? Happiness?



The author did an amazing job “flipping” the main character into her past. She totally had me hooked. It was very well written and flowed smoothly. It tested Lila's mind to have to remember what she did and who she knew 21 years ago but I applaud Lila for having the nerve to take a chance. The connection she first had with Colin was believable enough I was sure that would be her future but then there's Aaron. The best friend. Who would ever suspect the best friend?  The very guy who's shoulder you cry on when you've just lost a job or had advances from a guy you thought you wanted til you had them. A guy you'd lost complete contact with but proved to be a most important part of your past. Who better to fall in love with than the man you know better than any other. I also loved how the author gave you brief glimpses into the possible future paths Lila would take depending on who she touched. This was such a great story that it made me want to Google Ceri Herbert for other books she has written to run out and purchase!! I highly recommend you do the same, run out and grab this great read with both hands @!@ ~ Krista Ames, Author


Available now at Still Moments Publishing and Amazon !!




No comments:

Post a Comment